MIS Jobs in Corpus Christi and Surrounding Areas
Some of the companies which provide internships and hire MIS majors:
Examples of MIS job description:
1. Data Center Business Analyst:
Facebook was built to help people connect and share, and over the last decade our tools have played a critical part in changing how people around the world communicate with one another. With over a billion people using the service and more than fifty offices around the globe, a career at Facebook offers countless ways to make an impact in a fast growing organization.
We are looking for a technically minded Business Analyst to support our data center infrastructure program. In this role, your primary responsibility will be to support the financial reporting, forecasting, and reconciliation efforts of operational and construction costs for Facebook’s data centers. You will focus on developing best practices for data aggregation, maintaining and creating financial models, and analyzing and trending costs. You will be expected to think critically about Facebook’s data center costs and process complex data sets and workflows into actionable strategies. Excellent communication and analytical skills are a must. This role is directly aligned to our Data Center Infrastructure team and works cross-functionally with Construction, Operations, and Finance teams. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 2-3 years prior experience in technology infrastructure managing costs, or a related role within Finance.
- Assemble data and develop financial models to analyze and report data center construction and operations costs.
- Support efforts for reconciliation of spend, invoicing, and payments.
- Develop best practices for reporting, analytics, and generation of key metrics needed to report on the financial status of Facebook’s data centers.
- Generate financial reports for quarter end reporting as well as any ad hoc reporting, as requested.
- Answer accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data.
- Assist in preparation of monthly financial updates and other related analyses.
- Build out metrics and other financial reporting on Tableau.
- BS degree in Finance, MIS, Business Administration, or a related field
- 2+ years of prior experience in technology infrastructure managing costs, or a related role within Finance required
- 2+ years of Excel knowledge with 1+ year of experience in Tableau, Oracle Financials, SQL, and Essbase
- Prior experience in a construction or capital planning role is preferred
- 2+ years of hands-on experience analyzing cost data and reporting results to management
- Must have effective communication skills
2. Business Solutions Analyst
West Interactive Services is looking for an experienced Business Solutions Analyst (BSA) to add to its Requirements Engineering team in Omaha, NE. The core focus of this position will be the elicitation and documentation of detailed solution based requirements (Software and Systems).
- Accurately capture the needs of the customer and translate them into detailed requirements that form the blueprint for the design and development of the solution
- Act as a liaison between cross functional business units relative to operational processes and be engaged in the entire SDLC ensuring that the final solution design remains in the project scope and meets all internal and externally approved requirements
- Coordinate with internal and external stakeholders throughout the project lifecycle, to deliver comprehensive artifacts including detailed Solution Requirement Specification (SRS), Fit/Gap Analysis, Traceability Matrix as we all other necessary documentation necessary to ensure comprehension and understanding
- Lead research and investigation to translate the voice of the customer into detailed requirements and use cases in accordance with Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineering (IEEE) Standards
- Partner with the test lead to ensure all components are present and use cases tested before the solution is approved for User and Client Acceptance Testing (UAT)
- The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Experience with Business Analysis techniques, tools, and templates, including knowledge of business system operations, workflow analysis, and business systems terminology and standards
- Knowledge of implementation processes and redesign of supporting business processes (which may include software implementation processes)
- Strong knowledge of SDLC, systems, platforms, and products
- Experience with agile requirements gathering
- Ability to lead workshops, interviews and other information gathering activities specifically to derive "as is"/current state and "to be"/future state processes, including process flow diagrams, data flow diagrams, use case documentation and business rules analysis
- Strong knowledge of administrative systems, applications, office and testing tools in a business environment
- Experience with Atlassian toolset – specifically JIRA and Confluence
- Strong oral and written communication, human relations, and presentation skills
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail, problem-solving and decision-making abilities
- Creativity, diplomacy, sound judgment, and initiative
- Ability to meet stringent deadlines, to work independently and as part of a team, to guide and train others, and to provide excellent customer service
- Competency in prioritization, organization and decision making
- Familiarity Interactive Voice applications and call flows
- Familiarity with client-server systems -- Web APIs, SOAP, SIP messaging, etc.
- Experience with telecommunication concepts, call delivery and transfer methodologies
- Bachelor's degree in business, MIS, or a related field is required.
- Equivalent work experience in a similar position may be substituted for educational requirements.
- Minimum three years progressively responsible experience in business-to-business solution deployment, project management or technical sales support
- Minimum two years business or market research and analysis experience required
- Minimum one year financial analysis experience preferred
- Intermediate knowledge of Excel, Word and PowerPoint required